Make Valentine’s Day special by planning a whimsical tea party for with your little girl. What better gift can you give her than giving her your time and memories? Dust off that tea set in your cupboard and watch your little girl’s eye widen with excitement. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Decorations: Go reds and pinks. Scatter some pink and red cutout hearts. Help her cut hearts out by folding the paper in half and draw half a heart along the fold. Scatter some little red and pink ladybugs in the mix as well.
- The tea: Bitter tea can ruin a good tea party. The trick to good tea not over steeping your tea. When you over steep the tea it releases the tannins, the bitter chemical, into your tea. If you want a good strong tea, double the amount recommended rather than increasing the recommended steeping time.
- The cups: If you have a tea set, by all means, break out that tea set! Allowing your girl to use the forbidden china set will make tea party much more enticing. Bone china is much sturdier than you may think and will make it through the tea party without damage.
- The sugar: Prior to the tea party, take the half cup of sugar, add a teaspoon of water and couple drops of food coloring. Mix and put in heart shape molds to dry.
- Have fun with it: Involve your little girl right from the planning stage. She will appreciate it more if she can add her own special touches to the event.
Happy Valentine’s Day from The Butterfly Grove!